Del the Funky Homosapien is back with new cd for everyone to download for free. He calls it his funk stimulus package. Here is the youtube clip.
And here is the link for the download.
The only thing better than new del, is free new del (that you don't have to feel bad about.)
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
After the success of their 2005 album The Understanding, Röyksopp missed it so much that their back with their new album Junior, which was released earlier this week. Junior features the likes of Robyn, Lykke Li, among a few others not really worth mentioning, Im not really sure why i even mentioned Robyn. Lykke Li tho has time and time again proved that she is the new Indie-Pop queen with the success of her 2008 album Youth Novel, which was heavily remixed and guest vocals for N.A.S.A.. The track Missed It So Much is no exception, with warm weather textured beats and Lykke Li's intoxicating feminine vocals, i've had it on repeat for days and i may have already played it out, maybe. Ahhhh here comes the sun, it seems like years since its been here.
Röyksopp - Missed It So Much (ft. Lykke Li).mp3
-Buy Junior via Amzon.com
and because its been such a long cold lonely winter...
The Beatles - Here Comes the Sun.mp3
- Buy Abbey Road via Amazon.com
Thursday, March 26, 2009
"Pretty Lights is the musical vision of the ultra-versatile Colorado based producer Derek Vincent Smith, accompanied in the live setting by drummer, Cory Eberhard. Together these two achieve a raw energy rarely reached in the realm of electronic music. At a time when music lovers from almost all subcultures, and genres are finding common ground in the basic form of bangin' beats, Pretty Lights is giving the people what they want; electro organic cutting-edge party rocking beats that fill venues with energy and emotion, and send dance floors into frenzies. What makes Pretty Lights truly different tho, is that these beats have serious soul. Derek's latest album, "Filling Up The City Skies" is a two disc, 26 track journey through past, present, and future. He juxtaposes collages of beautiful vintage samples against backdrops of futuristic synthesis and dirty broken beats, creating a sound that can snap your neck while simultaneously shedding your tears. The album has been downloaded over 30,000 times from the Pretty Lights website in the short 3 months since its release, proving that the PL sound is not only getting around, it's spreading like a virus." - Jam Base
Sorry i couldnt give you my fresh assessment of Pretty Lights, I have to get to work and im in no mood to come up with some witty critique of a sound that at times is indescribable. Seriously tho this is the hot.
If you like what you hear you can give Pretty Lights a big myspace high-five and head over to their site to download the two albums. DOWNLOAD
Pretty Lights - Hot Like Sauce.mp3
Pretty Lights - How We Do.mp3
Pretty Lights - Finally Moving
Monday, March 23, 2009
Twitter just turned 3 and most people i know are slowly becoming acquainted with the new social media outlet let alone the whole Twitter revolution thats swallowing the world. Usually i don't get into the celebrity gossip thing, i leave that to the pros like Perez Hilton and Pukee but when that gossip leaks into the social media world im all over it. According to UK's The Telegraph, Jennifer Anniston kicked John Mayer to the curb over his twittering ways. Apparently John Mayer was spending hours on Twitter, twittering away and telling Jen that he was too busy to get in touch with her. Twitter ruins lives.
Asher Roth - Stop Waiting On the World To Change.mp3
Oh and no matter how much hype Rolling Stone gives to John Mayer i still feel hes one of the most underrated guitar players today.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Obama's a modern man who loves the fine game of BasketBall and the occasional bit of gambling. It's March Madness time with the start of the warm weather, Peakin' at the Beacon, and the first round of the NCAA championship. Everyones preparing/ed their brackets waiting to win that pot of gold at the end of the tournament and even our illustrious president has given a peak at what he thinks is in store. He's really a swell guy who knows a hell of a lot about a hell of lot, swell guy that Obama.
"The memory of Magic, and Bird, and [Greg] Kelser, all those guys … it was an unbelievable game, and invigorated not only college basketball but ultimately pro basketball as well," Obama said. "So for any kind of basketball fan, Indiana State-Michigan State, that still is one of the greatest games of all time."
"I can't be staying up until 2 in the morning man,
I've got work to do."
_- Barack Obama
"Air Force One does have DirecTV,"
_- Barack Obama
Monday, March 9, 2009
Today marks the 12th year without The Notorious B.I.G. in our lives, sad day. He's a big influence in my days and thats how this blog got its name, but you already knew that...
"It ain't hard to tell I'm the east coast overdoser
Nigga you scared you're supposed to
Nigga I toast ya, put fear in your heart
Fuck up the party before it even start
Pissy drunk, off the Henny and skunk
Or some brand-nubian shit beatin' down punks!"
Heres a bunch of ness to help you through your mourning day/week/month, however you do. Get your heads straight, act right, and pay your respects.
The Notorious BIG - Dead Wrong (Astro Raw Remix).mp3
The Notorious BIG - Mo Money Mo Problems (Laid Back Luke Bootleg Remix).mp3
The Notorious BIG - Goin Back To Cali (Lights Over LA Remix).mp3
Listen to that flow, its a whole lot better than anything going on today. Damn i miss the 90's.
Mister Cee - Best of Biggie (10th Anniversary Mixtape).zip
1. BIGGIE FREESTYLE AT MISTER CEE’S CRIB
2. REAL LOVE FEAT. MARY J BLIGE
3. BUDDY X FEAT. NENEH CHERRY
4. BIGGIE FREESTYLE FEAT. DJ ENUFF
5. PARTY & BULLSHIT
6. PARTY & BULLSHIT FREESTYLE
7. DOLLY MY BABY FEAT. SUPERCAT
8. A BUNCHA NIGGAZ FEAT. HEAVY D
9. FLAVA IN YA EAR FEAT. CRAIG MACK
10. JAM SESSION FEAT. HEAVY D
11. THE WHAT FEAT. METHOD MAN
12. READY TO DIE (ORIGINAL VERSION)
13. NIGGAZ (ORIGINAL VERSION)
14. FOR MY NIGGAZ FEAT. M O.P.
15. LET’S GET IN ON FEAT. EDDIE F
17. CUNT RENAISSANCE FEAT. CRUSTIFIED DIBBS
18. ALL MEN ARE DOGS FEAT. RED BANDIT
19. BUST A NUT FEAT. UNCLE LUKE
20. B. SIDE FEAT. DA BRAT
21. WHO’S THE MAN FEAT. ED LOVER & DOCTOR DRE
22. UNBELIEVABLE (LIVE ON HOT 97 W/FUNKMASTER FLEX)
23. WHO SHOT YA (ORIGINAL VERSION)
24. CAN’T YOU SEE FEAT. TOTAL
25. HOW MANY WAYS FEAT. TONI BRAXTON
26. REAL NIGGAZ (ORIGINAL WEST COAST VERSION)
27. PLAYA’S ANTHEM RMX FEAT. JUNIOR MAFIA
28. GET MONEY (ORIGINAL & RMX FEAT. JUNIOR MAFIA)
29. REALMS OF JUNIOR MAFIA FEAT. JUNIOR MAFIA
30. OH MY LORD FEAT. JUNIOR MAFIA
31. THINK BIG FEAT. PUDGEE DA FAT BASTARD
32. THE POINTS (PANTHER SOUNDTRACK)
33. ME & MY BITCH (LIVE FROM PHILLY)
34. JUICY (LIVE FROM LONDON)
35. BIG POPPA (LIVE FROM LONDON)
36. WHERE BKLYN AT? (LIVE FROM MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
37. BE HAPPY FEAT. R. KELLY
38. ONLY TOU FEAT. 112
39. THIS TIME AROUND FEAT. MICHAEL JACKSON
40. BIGGIE FEAT. JUNIOR MAFIA
1. BROOKLYN’S FINEST FEAT. JAY-Z
2. YOU CAN’T STOP THE REIGN FEAT. SHAQUILLE O’NEAL
3. BIGGIE FREESTYLE FEAT. FUNKMASTER FLEX
4. YOU’LL SEE FEAT. THE LOX
5. BENJAMINS FREESTYLE & ORIGINAL RMX
6. KEEP YOUR HANDS HIGH FEAT. TRACEY LEE
7. PEPSI COMMERCIAL FEAT. DJ ENUFF
8. MO MONEY MO PROBLEMS FEAT. DIDDY & MASE
9. BIG INTERLUDE
10. YOUR NOBODY TILL SOMEBODY KILLS YOU (ORIGINAL VERSION)
11. YOUNG G’Z FEAT. DIDDY & JAY-Z
12. VICTORY FEAT. DIDDY & BUSTA RHYMES
13. DEAD WRONG (ORIGINAL VERSION)
14. WHY YOU TRYING TO PLAY ME FEAT. AARON HALL
15. UNFOOLISH FEAT. ASHANTI
16. THE REALEST NIGGAZ FEAT. 50 CENT
17. RUNNIN FEAT. 2PAC
18. GHETTO FEAT. AKON & 2PAC
19. HANDS IN DA AIR FEAT. SPLIF STAR
20. THREE B’S FEAT. BUJU BANTON & BUSTA RHYMES
21. DANGEROUS MC’S (ORIGINAL VERSION)
22. NASTY GIRL FEAT. NELLY & JAGGED EDGE
23. SPIT YA GAME FEAT. BONE THUGS & HARMONY & TWISTA
24. WHATCHU WANT FEAT. JAY-Z
25. RUNNING YOUR MOUTH FEAT. FABOLOUS, SNOOP DOGG, NATE DOGG & BUSTA RHYMES
26. WANT THAT OLD THING BACK FEAT. JA RULE
27. HUSTLERS PRAYER FEAT. JIM JONES
28. MUMBLING & WHISPERING FEAT. MISTER CEE
29. WE’LL ALWAYS LOVE BIG POPPA - THE LOX
30. I’LL BE MISSING YOU - DIDDY & FAITH EVANS
31. LOVE IS EVERLASTING - MS VOLETTA WALLACE
remember who hooks it up.
Monday, March 2, 2009
During some random searching on YouTube one day, I stumbled across a young gentleman by the name of Ronald Jenkees. From a young age Ronald has just gotten keyboards, he received his first one as a christmas present when he was 6. He didn't take to music lessons well, and instead simply taught himself how to play, all simply by ear. This man, who appears to me to be some sort of 'mad scientist' or just downright genius, creates a variety of music ranging from techno to rock & roll with his trusty keyboards and a computer. Here are a few tracks from his 2007 self-titled album as well as some video action of him playing at home!