Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rcap of Last Night/Boys & Girls and sightseeing

So, last night was quite the adventure. For starters, just as I'm starting my night and meeting up with some good homies, I'm walking through the Columbia University campus - shout out to the upper west side - and who do I see kicking it on campus? None other than world-famous DJ/Remix artist A-Trak - a.k.a. Trizzy. I got to talk to him for a minute. He informed me that he was waiting for his French lit professor brother to get off work; we talked about how I got attacked by the Unibros - if you don't know what I'm referring to, you're listening to the wrong music - and that tonight he's DJing the 1 year anniversary of his record label Fools Gold. Happy birthday Foold Gold! The show's at Webster Hall tonight; tickets are $10. Don't miss out.

So continuing with my night last night, after hours of waiting around, my cronies and I finally made it down to the Girls & Boys party, DJ'd by such artists as Walter Meego, Ethan Kath - of Crystal Castles fame - Classixx - who were fucking awesome - and a bunch of other people I wasn't coherent enough to pay attention to. There were also a few noticeable faces in the crowd. At one point, I went out for a smoke, didn't have my lighter, and got a light from none other than Teenager Dorian Dumont - French people are cool.

And don't forget to check out the next installment of the Girls & Boys gatherings - p.s. it's the day after my birthday. This one is one you DON'T want to miss:(I know Schneids already posted about the Fools Gold party, I just wanted to show A-Trak, and some of the other famous faces some much-deserved love.)

No comments: