Monday, October 13, 2008

Me I'm a Creator

Photo by Kathryn Yu

M.I.A. : I'm creating a baby!

So we all heard word that the lovely M.I.A. was engaged earlier this year to The Exit and Green Owl Records frontman Ben Brewer - word up to Hannah and her older brother Ben.  The singer/songwriter showed off her lovely lady lumps at Diesel's ridonculous xXx party this weekend here in the city.

Photo By Kathryn Yu

When asked about the pregnancy M.I.A. - Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam - had this to say: "When I found out I was pregnant and 'Paper Planes' was in the iTunes top 10," [M.I.A. told Pitchfork], "it seemed like the whole world was reshuffled in one week, and all my plans went out the window. And that's the lesson...you can't make plans, and you can't say shit." - from pitchforkmedia.com

Photo By Kathryn Yu

The couple is still unsure of the baby's name, gender, or the expected date of birth.  She has stated that she'll be really busy in the near future, dealing with her pregnancy, showing off her belly to her family and friends.  She's also in the studio - behind the scenes this time - working with her newly signed artist Rye Rye, whom she recently toured and collaborated with.

So for those of you who really thought Bonnaroo was her last gig ever, you can rest easy, knowing that she will be back in the future.

More to come coverage on the M.I.A. pregnancy, and more details from this story, check out pitchformedia.com.

Enjoy your daily dose:

M.I.A. - Hit That
M.I.A. ft. La Fonda - Paper Planes (Remix)
Boomp3.com

M.I.A. ft. Jay-Z - Boyz (Remix)
Boomp3.com

M.I.A. ft. WALE - Boyz (Remix)
Boomp3.com

Rye Rye - Wassup Wassup (Crookers Remix)
Boomp3.com

No comments: