Friday, April 4, 2008

40 years later: April 4th 1968-2008

"Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind.... I just want to do G-d's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land..."





Forty years after we lost Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. the pains still there and the message is just as strong. In this case time is no healer. We lost a great leader and a true visionary who saw beyond such a thick color line and understood true human compassion. RIP Dr. King and may your memory and words live on as long as life itself. Holler

No comments: